Tenses error spotting questions: TENSE exercise for SSC CGL CHSL, Bank exams
- 1. After Sheetal will return (A)/ from Delhi(B) / I will go to meet her. (C) / No error(D)
- 2. I used to work (A) /till 11 pm and (B) / then I go to bed. (C) /No error (D)
- 3. My younger brother (A)/ has left (B) /for Bhopal last Saturday. (C) /No error(D)
- 4. Air pollution caused by industrial effluents has been studied (A)/ for years, but only recently has (B)/ the harmful effects of noise pollution become known.(C)/No error(D)
- 5. The judge asked the lady (A)/ if the bag she had lost(B)/ contain ten thousand rupees (C)/No error (D)
- 6. The ministry was considered several proposals (A)/ for the development of small and medium enterprises (B)/during Budget discussions.(C)/No error (D)
- 7. Having work(A)/ in both public and private sector banks(B)/she is the most suitable person to take over the post of the chairman.(C)/No error(D)
- 8. Rohit started a very small business two years ago (A)/ but it grew very fast (B)/as the country is experiencing a boom at that time.(C)/No error(D)
- 9. Keeping in mind the current market conditions (A)/ it has better for us (B)/ to invest in the infrastructure structure. (C)/No error(D)
- 10. Since shivani had lived there for many years(A)/the villagers were very comfortable(B)/ talked to her about all their problems.(C)/No error(D)
- 11. Our equipment gets (A)/ damage very often in summer (B)/ because there are too many power cuts. (C)/No error (D)
- 12. Most children liked to rest in the afternoon (A)/ after they returned from school (B)/but my son seems to have an inexhaustible source of energy. (C)/No error (D)
- 13. The cutting down on costs (A)/was the main reason for the firm to survive (B)/even during a very difficult period. (C)/No error (D)
- 14. I will go (A)/ for the dance classes tomorrow (B)/ if I have recovered from fever. (C)/No error. (D)
- 15. The principal announced (A)/ in the school assembly that the school fees (B)/ will be hiked from the beginning of the next academic session. (C)/No error(D)
- 16. The terrorist did not (A)/ confessed his crime even till the very end (B)/of his trail and said that he was innocent.(C) /No error (D)
- 17. If the industrial sector continues to grow(A)/ at the same rate for the next few months(B)/ I think it has a high growth rate this year.(C)/No error (D)
- 18. Results find that girls (A)/ played not only more than boys(B)/ but also performed better in many fields.(C)/No error (D)
- 19. Celebrating her fifteen long years in the film industry (A)/the actor announce that he would be doing a new show (B)/on television which would be done completely free of cost.(C)/No error (D)
- 20. Had I known (A)/ the weather forecast earlier (B)/I would not make plans to go out. (C)/ No error (D)
- 21. If you to talk to him on this sensitive matter(A)/ it is probable(B)/ that he will not listen to you at all.(C)/ No error (D)
- 22. On many occasions (A)/we did helped the poor (B)/ people by way of giving them food to eat and clothes to put on. (C)/ No error (D)
- 23. The farewell party continued (A)/till midnight as more and more(B)/ guests join in the fun and frolic.(C)/ No error (D)
- 24. The market continues to be positive (A)/ and we expected the trend (B)/ to continue in the next quarter also. (C)/No error (D)
- 25. Big zamindars in the villages(A)/ who were till now paid for electricity(B)/ at subsidized rates will soon have to pay the government at full rates.(C)/ No error
- 26. The new vaccination will help (A)/ in prevent the disease (B)/to spread to other parts of the body. (C)/No error (D)
- 27. A sharp rise in the prices of petrol(A)/ has lead to an increase (B)/ in the prices of all the commodities. (C)/No error (D)
- 28. Dressed in a beautiful red gown (A)/ the young lady eagerly waits for her husband to return (B)/ so that she could cut the cake.(C)/No error (D)
- 29. The High Court on Friday (A)/ ban running of petrol run vehicles (B)/including small vehicles in the eco-sensitive zone.(C)/No error (D)
- 30. If everything go well(A)/,the examination scheduled for next month(B)/ will be conducted without any disruptions.(C)/No error (D)
- 31. The pain ease away after the surgery (A)/ and slowly the stitch marks (B)/ also vanished.(C)/No error (D)
- 32. They have recently began (A)/ to purchase furniture for their new bungalow (B)/ which is being constructed in Delhi.(C)/No error (D)
- 33. Many Multi National companies are invested (A)/ in India as India is (B)/one of the world’s fastest growing economies.(C)/No error(D)
- 34. Rohan is suffering from severe back ache (A)/ since Monday as he has been working (B)/on the computer for at least eight hours a day.(C) / No error (D)
1) omit will
We do not use “will” after the time clause. ‘After’ is a time expression, so we will not use “will”.
‘Used to’ is used for past habitual action, so replace go with went.
It is clearly mentioned that the activity is of last Saturday use simple past in part B, so omit ‘has’.
use have instead of has as harmful effects of noise pollution is plural.
Replace contain with contained as the sentence is in the past tense.
Use simple past tense. (The ministry considered several proposals)
Replace work by worked as the sentence is of past tense.
The sentence is in the past tense, so use was
Replace it has better for us with ‘it is better for us’. The sentence is in the present tense.
Use talking instead of talked as the latter part of the sentence is in the past continuous tense.
Use damaged instead of damage as the sentence is in passive voice. The third form of the verb is used in passive voice.
replace seems by seemed as the sentence is in the past tense.
13) D (No error)
If I have recovered is to be replaced by if I recover. Sentences of future beginning with if should be in simple present.
Replace will with would. (The sentence is in indirect speech)
Replace confessed with confess. (We use the first form of the verb with did).
Replace I think it has with it will have as it is of the future tense.
Replace find with found as the sentence is of past tense.
Replace announce with announced as the sentence is of past tense.
replace ‘would not make’ with would not have made. (for imaginary sentences of the past tense would have and the third form of the verb is used). It’s a conditional sentence.
23) C, replace join with joined as the sentence is of past tense.
Replace expect with expect as the latter part of the sentence is of future tense.
Replace paid with paying as the sentence is of past continuous tense.
Replace prevent with preventing (We use the verb + ing after all prepositions except to)
Replace lead with led. With has/have and had the third form of the verb is used. (lead, led, led)
Replace waits with waited as the sentence is in the past tense.
Replace ban with banned as the sentence is in the past tense.
Replace go with goes. Everything is considered singular so goes will be used and not go.
Replace ease with eased as the sentence is in the past tense.
Replace began by begun. With has/have/had the third form of the verb is used. (begin, began, begun)
Replace invested by investing. (The sentence is in present continuous tense)
Replace is suffering by has been suffering. (The sentence is in present perfect continuous tense)